Cheltenham – Champion Hurdle Day

Good morning all,

Well, here we are, Day 1 of Cheltenham is finally here and there's plenty of firms clamouring for you money, as you'd expect!

The video is on the main piece along with my Day 1 bets. Hoping to kickstart the week with a winner somewhere down the line, but my word, it's a hard card!

There will be 3 Cheltenham place Colossuses going up at 9.45am. I shall try and give as many people a chance to get in one as possible.

Best of luck to everyone this week.

My bets today

Supreme – free roll with Skybet, gone for Al Dancer. Hills 7 places, backed both The Big Bite and Brandon Castle e/w (small)

Arkle – Slate House (small e/w, 4 places)

Ultima – Beware The Bear and Vintage Clouds (both e/w 6 places)

Champion – No bet

Mares – Roksana e/w

Close Brothers – Springtown Lake and Huntsmans Son (both e/w 6 places)

National Hunt – Just Your Type and Le Breuil (both small e/w, 4 places)

Good luck with all your bets today,

David.

16 Responses to Cheltenham – Champion Hurdle Day

1. Brian Rendle says:

Hi Dave, I am looking to join your Colossus Syndicate
    Can you email me its name so I can make sure I join the correct one.

I see one named DM and one The Punt
    TY

2. Paul says:

Nice one with Beware the Bear David.
    Cheers, Paul

3. paul petit says:

nice ex box with your 2 picks!!

4. Stephen jowett says:

Great f/c in the Ultima Dave thanks very much

5. Blackpool jezza says:

I do not believe what i have just seen. Get in Skelton!!

6. Bri says:

Well…always a nervy feeling going in to Cheltenham. Going to be a good one or a bad one? but you know what? I went in very light today because as you say it was a tricky old card & I wanted to keep money back for later in the week for the ones I really fancy.

Because of that I thought I’d have a couple of small stakes multiples & f/casts to have an interest in every race (because like all sensible people I booked the week off)

Now here I am having had your Ultima picks in 2 straight f/casts. Won more money today than in the last 3 festivals combined.

You could say I’m looking forward to Day 2! (in addition to checking Skyscanner for this Summers holiday) When I get to the beach bar I’ll raise a glass to you Dave! CHEERS!! 🙂

7. Brian Rendle says:

An excellent start to the Festival. many
    thanks, David.
    Feels good to have ammunition for the coming days.

8. Roger Perham says:

Wow, what a good day. Thanks for the tips

9. Gerry says:

Excellent tipping again David, very well done and many thanks.

Gerry

10. Renner says:

Another excellent day from Sir David… anymore like this and my account will be restricted. How Jamie Codd kept Le Breuil in the race and get them both passed that line in front I don’t know…according to Racing Tv, he actually rang Ben Pauling up for the ride…that info alone was worth another couple of quid!…Well Done Sir David!

I’ve had a small go on Milansbar for the National in a double with Elegant Escape in Friday’s Gold Cup…that looks stamina sapping ground and EE doesn’t want for stamina!

11. david reynolds says:

Many thanks for today David. Always nice to start well and playing with the bookies money for the rest of the week.

Thanks again

12. Blackpool jezza says:

Renner i agree. It was a magnificent 4 mile plus. Day one and my nerves are shot…lol.

13. Ken says:

Hi David
    A good start to the festival,
    beware the bear & le breuil
    Many thanks

Free Big Priced Winning Tips

The Daily Punt is updated 6 days a week and always includes a racing tip for the day. If you would like to be notified when it is updated please enter your details in the box below & click submit.

When you subscribe to the Daily Punt we will email you 6 days per week to notify you of the new blog post & free horse racing tip, we may also occasionally send you related material (systems & strategies etc). These emails will sometimes contain promotional messages for other services and occasionally we will email you with other marketing messages in line with our Privacy Policy

x