Cheltenham Gold Cup Day

Good morning all,

The week is in danger of fizzling out with a whimper if I can't dig a decent winner up today – that good day on Tuesday already feels a long time gone.

Hopefully there's something to be had with the selections on the main piece, most of which are big prices. Back tomorrow with Uttoxeter, where the forecast already looks awful. Lovely….

My bets today –

Triumph – Pentland Hills and Hannon (both small e/w)

County – Western Ryder and Storm Rising (both small e/w, 6 places)

Albert Bartlett – Nadaitak (e/w 4 places, 5 with Coral if you can get on)

Gold Cup – Elegant Escape (e/w 4 places)

Foxhunters – no bet

Grand Annual – Le Prezien (e/w 5 places)

Martin Pipe – Early Doors (e/w) and If You Say Run (small e/w) (both 6 places Skybet)

Good luck with all your bets today,

David.

8 Responses to Cheltenham Gold Cup Day

1. Claus says:

Good Luck David !
    Thanks for all your hard work !

2. Claus says:

He shoots, he scores!! 20/1 winner you did it again David! Had a max bet (£10) to win, am well up for the meet now with all of yours and some of my selections to run…Happy friday
    Sincerest commiserations to the Sir Erec connections of course.. 🙁

3. Mark says:

Beautiful 25-1 winner in the opener, top marks Sir!

4. Renner says:

It was upsetting to have witnessed what happened in the first, how the hard working team around the wonderful horse must have felt I can’t begin to imagine, and then to have the last winner of the day…no other sport can do what it does to the emotions. All those beasts are champions and every one connected with them deserve immense gratitude for what they all put themselves through… life goes on ..another good day of tipping Sir David, well done!!

5. Don says:

Another great days tipping David puts me well up for the meeting, normally when I have had a good bet on a winner as I did in the first I would have been jumping up and down but after seeing the fatal injury to sir Erec I felt sick, all I could think of was that proud noble horse standing patiently to be re shod! Horse racing can be so hard sometimes! Thoughts are with all the connections

6. Mr J J B says:

Agree with all of the above. Great tips. But I’ve never been less enthused after a big win in the opener.
    Thanks Dave

7. Sonic Lady says:

V much agree with these comments, it’s not how any of us wants to win. We’ve all had a good week on here and aren’t the ones going home with an empty bridle, but the sadness hits all racing fans when we lose our heroes.

Free Big Priced Winning Tips

The Daily Punt is updated 6 days a week and always includes a racing tip for the day. If you would like to be notified when it is updated please enter your details in the box below & click submit.

When you subscribe to the Daily Punt we will email you 6 days per week to notify you of the new blog post & free horse racing tip, we may also occasionally send you related material (systems & strategies etc). These emails will sometimes contain promotional messages for other services and occasionally we will email you with other marketing messages in line with our Privacy Policy

x