We had a lot of interest in the greyhound betting angle I published yesterday so today I'll run through the process I used to find the selection.
First off though I want to mention that the winning horse selection came from the free tips service that goes with Mark Foley's Trainer Trends book.
The book is just seven quid and buyers get one months tips for free, check it out here.
Get All of John's Selections
When you Trial his Victor Value service
Just £7 for 14 Days
Before I run through another greyhound example, I just want to caution against diving in on this one.
If you follow this method yourself you will win, but not every bet wins. I know what it's like when you miss a juicy bet, it's tempting to dive in big on the next one. I'm going to bet the dog in today's example but what I want you to take from it is how to do it yourself.
Greyhound Betting System
So this is what I did yesterday (and everyday).
- First off I worked out what seasonal date was 16 weeks in the past. You can do this with a calendar, but what I did was to open a spreadsheet and type in todays date in cell A1. In cell A2 I typed =A1-112. Once I pressed enter A2 now displays a date 16 weeks ago.
- I scanned through the cards at the Racing Post until I found a bitch with a season date on or before 14th December. (Sheffield 11.42 Trap 4 Oasis)
- I looked to see if it had already shown signs of improvement since it's seasonal break. This particular bitch has been running 4th and 5th, but last time out led for a long way before tiring
- I then fired up my BagsBeater software to see how the dogs would be arriving at the 1st bend. Oasis wasnt going to lead, but trap 5 is faster away which gives her some space.
- I then went to The Dogs website and searched for her past form to see at what level she has run previously. She has won an A4 in 30.26 back in October. A quick scan of the best times tells me that form would win this race.
The Racing Post forecast price is 6/1, they don't fancy her! If she is back to her best form then she would be a 6/4 shot in this race.
So whether she wins or loses I will be happy with the bet if I can get 6/1.
If you want to know more about greyhound form and methods, tell me in the comments below.
Sheffield 11.42 Oasis – win bet
Folkestone 4.40 Estedaama – win bet