10 Responses to More Each Way Tactics

1. steve says:

i fully agree bookmakers dred nothing more than a e/w double. these bets are a punters dream today my e/w double. 1.00 ling charming 5/1 2.00 ling precision five 7/2 both with VC as long as punters have 8 runners or more its a no brainer to back e/w doubles. mug bets yankees and lucky 15 which many people like to place.

2. Ian says:

Can you explain the maths a bit more. Presumably all bets (bookies and Betfair) need to be placed at the same time – otherwise the price may drift against you. How do you calculate the stakes?

• Dave says:

Hi Ian

I usually let the bets run knowing I’ll profit in the long run, but next week I’ll post up the calculations for those that like the guaranteed profit.

Dave

3. Peter Colledge says:

This method is the one used, very successfully, by Paul Beaumont of Beaumont Bets. If you are serious about making money and are prepared to put in the time, you will make money. I personally don’t do it, but only because I have my own methods of betting. Paul is very welcoming to those of an open mind. He does not suffer fools gladly, but if you are sincere, there’s no one better. Good posting here.

4. John says:

Am I missing something here? You have £10 ew @ 8/1. You then lay £10 @10/1 the win and £10 @ 1.31 the place. Surely if the horse wins you lose £7.10 (£103.10 – £96.00). If the horse is placed you would win £12.90 (£16.00 – £3.10) but if the horse loses you also lose (the Betfair commission). Can’t see how you represent this as a guaranteed profit as, at the time of placing the bet, all three eventualities can still happen – even “knocking” each way bets can still have an off day.

5. sean says:

I almost followed that: can you explain in a “paint-by-numbers” fashion how the £8.20 profit is arrived at?

My scribblings made it a 20p loss if the horse places.

• Dave says:

Hi Sean

The bets at Betfair lay £8.18 at 11.0 in the win market and lay £20 at 1.31 in the place market.

So we have bets of…

£80/£10
      £81.80/£8.18

and

£16/10
      £6.20/20

If the horse wins we win £80 + £16 and lose £81.80 and £6.20 = + £8

If the horse places we win £8.18 + £16 – £10 – £6.20 = + £7.98

If the horse loses we win £8.18 – £10 -£10 + £20 = £8.18

Dave

6. I don’t understand how the 2.6 odds arise for the ‘place’ part of the bet in this example. When I went to school 9.0 / 5 = 1.8 (not 2.6). What have I missed?

• Dave says:

Hi Steve

The bet is each way at 8/1 which is decimal 9.0 to work out the place part it is 8/5 which is 1.6/1 which is decimal 2.6

Dave

Free Big Priced Winning Tips

The Daily Punt is updated 6 days a week and always includes a racing tip for the day. If you would like to be notified when it is updated please enter your details in the box below & click submit.

When you subscribe to the Daily Punt we will email you 6 days per week to notify you of the new blog post & free horse racing tip, we may also occasionally send you related material (systems & strategies etc). These emails will sometimes contain promotional messages for other services and occasionally we will email you with other marketing messages in line with our Privacy Policy

x