We are creatures of habit and it is easy to miss out on profits through doing just what we've always done.
There was a time when the Racing Post site was the only place to study form online and that's where I spent all my time.
But now their free offering is no longer the best.
Today I want to persuade you to do your form study over at the Timeform site, and tomorrow we will look at some things to look at at Timeform that can help us to find profit!
Since their recent update the Timeform interface is more straightforward and is a delight to use.
How many times have you looked at the betting forecast on the Racing Post website and then hopped over to Betfair only to find the runners arranged completely differently.
Ok there are times when they are similar, but the live prices are a true representation of which horses are being supported and those which are friendless.
Now we all know that this information alone is not the license to print money some would lead us to believe, but the fact that everything is in one place really does give us an instant overview of lots of inter connecting racing data.
Let's look at some ways we can save time with Timeform.
Open the Timeform homepage in another window – Click Here
Here you will find
1. Homepage – From here you can access all the days racing action.
2. Cards & Results – Access race cards & results for up to five days.
3. Form – Search the form of 10,000 horses, 20,000 jockeys and 5,000 trainers in UK, Ireland and US.
4. Detailed Race Cards – This opens up an overview of the days races in timed order. Simply click on any race time to view the betting forecast, form and live prices for that race (refer to screenshot 3 and 4).
5. Rapid Results Service – Up to the minute racing results.
6. Horse, Jockey, Trainer – Data mining feature which allows you to search the form of 10,000 horses, 20,000 jockeys and 5,000 trainers in UK, Ireland and US. To use this select the relevant tab and type in the horse, jockey or trainer you wish to research and hit go (refer to screenshot 2).
This extremely useful feature can help you profile horses, jockeys or trainers. Many commercially available software products charge for these kind of data mining features, thankfully these are free
7. Starting Soon – The most current races of the day.
8. First race of the day in the UK
To profile Horses, Jockeys or Trainers, select the appropriate tab, type in a name and click Go
To view a race card with form and latest prices click the Cards & Results tab and click on any race time.
Once you're on a racecard you have all the info you need…
1. You have the Timeform selections for the race
2. And the race analysis
3. Tick these boxes to get the Comments , Recent Form and Pedigree for each horse
4. And now you have All the runner details including comments and recent form. If you click on the horse name you will go to the full lifetime form for the horse.
5. Over to the right we have course info
6. Top Course Jockeys
7. And Top Course Trainers
Tomorrow we'll look at some methods to fastrack your form study.
Wetherby 14.35 King of the Celts – each way (Result 3rd 11/2)