Today we have some stats and a winning system from Mark Foley of Trainer Trends.
I mentioned yesterday that Mark Foley had a 16/1 winner at the weekend and whadya know yesterday he landed another one.
That's not all he also had winners at 7/2 and 3/1…
Going Grey 16/1
Big Johnny D 7/2
10 selections in total produced +15.50 points profit to 1 pt level stakes at SP.
There is currently a great offer on the Trainer Trends site where you can get access for as little as £15 per month if you are happy to commit to an annual membership – check it out.
Here's the system…
2yo runners in Maidens in April (375 races since 2003)
1) In the past 10 years only 12 winners have been priced bigger than 20/1
2) Only 16 of the winners were neither debutants or runners having their 2nd run.
3) Favourites won 31% of their races, but for a 19.4% loss.
4) 2nd favourites won 26% of their races for a 12.78% profit
5) 3rd favourites won 17% of their races for a 12.77 % profit.
6) All 32 runners wearing some kind of headgear lost.
7) USA bred runners won 19 of their 96 races for a 69% ROI.
8) Debutants won 203 of the 375 races
9) The 179 debutants who were favourites won 46 races for a 30% loss, 2nd and 3rd favourites were both profitable to follow in their own right.
10) Rod Millman, Bill Turner, Mark Wallace and Richard Fahey were had a good strike rate and were profitable to follow.
Two year old racing system
Following 2nd or 3rd favourites having their 2nd run priced 6/1 or shorter has proved to be a profitable exercise:
Kempton 2.20 Miss Tenacious – win bet – 3/1 Will Hill